Posted on | November 21, 2011 | 2 Comments
I can’t tell you how much making meal plans helps me out. Since we usually depend on leftovers for Saturday and Sunday, having a plan helps me arrange meals that will give me leftovers that can combine in delicious and surprising ways.
Like this past week, I served burritos one day and made chili on Friday. The leftovers from these meals combined into delicious oven baked wet burritos over the weekend (recipe later this week!).
But I’ve also got to be prepared to switch things up – I had my list made last week, but when I got to the grocery store they didn’t have any pork tenderloin. No worries – I just switched it out for chicken.
That’s why I persist in doing this each week – it just makes my life easier – which is definitely a good thing!
This week’s menu (links go to recipes!) :
- Monday – Lomo saltado and papas a la huancaina, avocado salad (it was delicious!)
- Tuesday – Meatloaf with rice, corn and broccoli
- Wednesday – Spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread, green salad
- Thursday – Baked chicken with pasta salad (leftover rice and broccoli for Chato, who won’t eat the pasta salad)
- Friday – Cheeseburger macaroni
- Sat/Sun – Leftovers
About the pasta salad – I use a 250gram box of twist pasta, boil it al dente. Meanwhile, I cut up a tomato or two and half a cucumber into small cubes (deseeded). When the pasta is ready, I mix it all together, add some mayo and balsamic vinegar, a bit of salt/pepper and stir! It’s so good – unfortunately Chato doesn’t like tomatoes or cukes.
Expat Women Blog Directory