Vote for Your Favorite Food!

Posted on | February 6, 2012 | 22 Comments

There are so many different amazing Peruvian Criollo
foods, it’s hard to pick a favorite.  I have an idea what the most searched for recipe is, but just for fun – I’d like to see what your opinions are – What is your favorite Peruvian Criollo dish?

Comments

22 Responses to “Vote for Your Favorite Food!”

1. Abe
    February 6th, 2012 @ 22:22

I love Lomas santado. It was the first Peruvian dish Maria made for me and I have been hooked on it ever since.

February 7th, 2012 @ 01:29

Papa a la Huancaina was the first authentic Peruvian food I ever had, at a cookout with my husband’s family in the Bahamas – Barbecue chicken and papas! It was delicious.

3. David
    February 7th, 2012 @ 02:49

This is a tough one : all of them are so good.

4. Teresa Alva
    February 7th, 2012 @ 13:44

aji de gallina is my fav. chupe de camerones is up there too. If dessert counts than it would EASILY be picarones!!!!!
    Teresa Alva´s last blog post ..Vote for Your Favorite Food!

5. Juancho
    February 7th, 2012 @ 21:38

What about anticuchos, escabeche, arroz con pato, lomo montado, bistec a lo pobre, ocopa, caldo de gallina, pescado a lo macho, jalea, … I’d better stop, I’m just making myself hungry! LOL
    Juancho´s last blog post ..Chinese New Year in Lima

6. sonia
    February 8th, 2012 @ 13:52

I voted for “other” so I could say pollo a la brasa. To make it even better, it would be pollo a la brasa con yuca frita, salsa a la huancaina, y salsa de aji. To make it perfect, there would have to be some huacatay somewhere! ;-)

7. Liz
    February 8th, 2012 @ 14:13

This is cruel and unusual punishment having to just choose one! ;-p

February 8th, 2012 @ 14:33

I’ll tell you why I did the poll – I know that Lomo Saltado is by far the most visited page on my site (apart from the home page), and I was curious if it would come out #1 if people were asked outright what they’re favorite was.

I know there’s a lot of stuff I left off the list – I went with meals rather than side dishes, and then.. well, there’s HUNDREDS of criollo dishes! I couldn’t put them all! :D

February 8th, 2012 @ 14:35

My favorite, btw, is tallarin saltado.

10. Victor Manuel
    February 9th, 2012 @ 01:24

My favorites aren’t in the list. Chupe de camarones and Picante de mariscos and for apettizer Pulpo al olivo and choritos a la chalaca and from the amazonian area I love Inchicapi it’s a peanut soup and from the andean area pastel de choclo from Cuzco.

11. Samantha Bangayan
    February 9th, 2012 @ 10:38

I wanted to put causa, but I had no idea if it was criollo and if it counted as a dish. =P I went with tallarin verde instead! =)
    Samantha Bangayan´s last blog post ..Racism in Peru? The Case of Ricardo Apaza

February 9th, 2012 @ 11:46

You could put causa if you want! It’s definitely a Criolla food – I think anything you’d find on the chalkboard outside a “menu” here in Lima counts as comida Criolla.

February 9th, 2012 @ 11:50

Some of the foods that have been added as “other” are Causa, papas a la huancaina, pollo a la braza, conchitas a la parmesana, rocoto relleno, and chupe de camerones. All good stuff!

14. Daniel
    February 9th, 2012 @ 19:46

My favorite is “picante a la tacneña”.

15. Althea18
    February 16th, 2012 @ 12:29

I want that “Tallarin Verdi” In fact I am learning this recipe to perfect it then, Because I want to served delicious kind to my family…
    Althea18´s last blog post ..vimax patches

16. Wardley
    February 17th, 2012 @ 04:57

I prefer Arroz con Pollo. I’m both a rice and chicken fanatic so it is pretty obvious.
    Wardley´s last blog post ..buy guitar dvds

17. John
    February 20th, 2012 @ 07:17

I chose cau cau. However I’d have picked it up any of the others. As a peruvian living abroad, it’s hard to find peruvian cousine, and when you found it, it’s sometimes disappoint it. Our only resource is to visit Peru as often as possible!,,. hahaha… btw, there is no mention of “chifa”, chinese food peruvian style!… there is nothing better than that!!. ( I know, is not criollo, but…)

February 20th, 2012 @ 15:12

Chifa is good – we have it two or three days a week!

19. Natalia
    February 21st, 2012 @ 13:19

My favorite dish is not in the list. I love Tacacho with fried fresh paiche or cecina and a cold glass of taperiba juice. Of course once in a while otherwise I couldn´t fit into seats :D

February 21st, 2012 @ 21:33

Tacacho with paiche is from the Selva. Sadly for me, I haven’t had near as much experience with comidas from the selva. My husband’s family is from the costa, so I’m much better acquainted with the criolla foods.

21. Ynna
    February 22nd, 2012 @ 03:48

My favorite is “Ceviche” i really like the taste and i love eating shrimps. Thanks for the post!
    Ynna´s last blog post ..Happy New Year To All Of You And Hope You Like The Aquarium Fish Photos Here …

22. Jenkins
    May 16th, 2012 @ 01:21

Hmmmph! Yummy “Ceviche” is truly delicious, I have try it for several times and I am impress on it…
    Jenkins´s last blog post ..Vision without glasses